Thank you for visiting
this page. The following detail will give you an overview of Our Purpose
and general guidelines before filling in the application form.
(Note that these details will change from time to time, so we suggest that before applying you revisit this page.)
Our Purpose: “To provide support that helps, grows, and enriches our communities”
Our Current Focus:
- As most of the funding for The Harcourts Foundation is
generously provided by our Harcourts offices, we will only consider
applications from groups for a specific event, project, item, or
initiative where Harcourts has an office.
- Priority is also given to those areas where the Harcourts
office is currently a financial contributor to The Harcourts Foundation.
(Note: many of our offices fund and support a huge range of community
initiatives through their own offices as well as through The Harcourts
- In the event that we receive more applications that meet
the criteria than we have funds available, we will prioritise those
applicants which demonstrate their grant will have the widest community
(As we develop over time, our focus may change to
reflect the focus and interests of those contributing to and guiding The
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item, or initiative.
- Requests for the event, project, item, or initiative must be
scheduled to occur within four months of the upcoming Grant decision
meeting date (meetings are held in the month following the end of the
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the Grant is not used for the purpose for which it was
applied, we will request that you return it so we can provide it to
another group elsewhere. We may ask for supporting documents such as
quotes, references etc.
- If you are a branch of an organisation where another branch
has been successful in achieving a Grant from us in the past, this does
not mean you automatically qualify for a Grant. Each application will
be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances
at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not apply within the next 18 months, as we would like to assist other organisations.
- You may apply as a national or regional organisation,
however your application must be for a specific community event,
project, item, or initiative that fits the criteria.
Please do not submit funding requests for:
- Individual needs – our focus is on supporting as many people as possible within our communities.
- Overseas or other travel costs – (individuals or groups) unless a direct community benefit can be shown.
- Religious, political, lobby causes/activities.
As a new Foundation, we look forward to growing the
contributions we make to our communities. We look forward to funding as
many applicants as possible, however please understand if we are unable
to support your particular request .
Grant Application Form:
Grant Application Form
Grant Application Rounds:
- 1 January - 31 March
- 1 April - 30 June
- 1 July - 30 September
- 1 October - 31 December